Welcome to episode 82 of Shoot Edit Chat Repeat, the podcast for people photographers. Hosted by two leading UK portrait photographers, Vicki Knights & Eddie Judd.
This week we’re excited to chat with the talented Australian family photographer, Sophie Lea.
Sophie has been a photographer for over 15 years and has built a thriving newborn and family photography business in Sydney as well as a global following of her gorgeous work. We wanted to chat to her about how she balances her busy studio whilst also being a mum of 3 young children.
Here are some of the topics we talk through….
– Why Sophie moved from shooting in clients’ homes to renting a natural light studio in 2020
– How her client wardrobe works and how clients select what they’re going to wear
– Sophie’s best marketing strategies to book her diary solid for months ahead
– What equipment Sophie uses at both her studio and location shoots
– How Sophie prepares a client for a shoot in her studio and for golden hour shoots
– How Sophie balances her business with her family and her tips for helping you do the same
– Sophie’s thoughts and tips for outsourcing in your business
Then in the extra part of the episode that only goes out to our patron members, we grill Sophie about her editing, her sale process and pricing.
If you join us as a patron, for just $5 a month, you’ll get instant access to this part of the episode. Click here for all of the details about becoming a member and to get instant access to the longer version of this episode, on your favourite podcast app.
See Sophie Lea’s website here
Follow Sophie on Instagram here
Did you know we have a brand new course? The Art and Business of Personal Brand Photography. If you would love to succeed in this fast-growing genre, check it out here. You can get a 10% discount by using the code ‘SHOOTEDIT’.
Thank you to Panansonic Eneloop Pro batteries for their support of this series.
Thank you to The Design Space for sponsoring this episode. Click here for lots of free information about how to be the boss of your own website and for 20% off all their products.
And thank you to Studio Ninja for their support of this episode. The most user-friendly studio management software on the market. Use the code ‘studioninja50’ at checkout to get a massive 50% off your first year’s subscription.
Thank you to Shootproof online galleries for sponsoring Repeat Recs for this series. Get 25% off your first 12 months subscription by using the code SHOOTEDITCHATREPEAT.
Repeat Recs for this week
Eddie – The Guardian photo of the day
Vicki – Dove reverse selfie campaign
We’d love to know what you think of this episode. Please leave us a review if you’ve enjoyed it, it helps other people to find the podcast.