Two leading UK photographers, Vicki Knights & Eddie Judd, chat about what it’s like to run a photography business today. Including interviews with inspiring guests, you’ll be entertained, informed and also pick up some business tips along the way.
Chats are often hilarious, sometimes vulnerable and always authentic.
- #44 Sam Burgess: How to use Instagram to grow your business
- #43 Clare Barker Wells: On the love of photographing families in their homes
- #42 Elizabeth Blank: On changing direction in your photography business
- #41 Elena S Blair: On running a thriving family photography business
- #40 Chloe Ramirez: Capturing love & connection in your photos
- #39 Janine Esbrand: Leveraging your strengths as a business owner
- #38 Live panel event: We Are One
- #37 Clare Yarwood-White: The secrets of personal branding
- #36 Vicki & Eddie: Your questions answered
- #35 James Rouse: Wedding photography...wrapped in grosgrain ribbon
- #34 Julie Christie: Should you quit your photography business?
- #33 Kay Peacey: How to use Facebook to grow your business
- #32 The Costa Sisters: On finding a niche in wedding videography
- #31 Julia Boggio: Going back to basics with your marketing
- #30 MeliaMelia: Capturing wild and free child photography
- #29 Stu Cooper: Shooting film in a digital world
- #28 Faye Cornhill: How to charge what you're worth
- #27 Vicki & Eddie: Your questions answered
- #26 Lisa Devlin: How to have longevity in wedding photography
- #25 Coaching Emily: Should you digitally detox your life?
- #24 Hannah MacGregor: On the love of photographing people
- #23 Alex Vinall from Air Social: On keeping your finger on the social media pulse
- #22 Franky from Love Audrey: How to write copy to attract your dream clients
- #21 Kelly Pietrangeli: Getting more done with less struggle
- #20 Maria Murray: On being brave & embracing change
- #19 Susie Maguire: On why you should do scary things
- #18 Kate Griffin: On birth photography and why you should price properly
- #17 Fiona Humberstone: Creating a compelling brand
- #16 Ange Ward-Brown: Musings on wedding photography, tintypes...and ruffs
- #15 Vicki & Eddie: Your questions answered
- #14 Vicki Knights: The importance of delighting your clients
- #13 Eddie Judd: Interview with the editing pocket-rocket
- #12 Liana Fricker: Embracing the power of networking
- #11 Elise Meader: The art of lifestyle photography at home
- #10 Chubby Cheek Photography: How to capture the magic of childhood
- #9 Vicki & Eddie: Chatting live from Clickaway 2018, Florida
- #8 Jonny MP: How I quit my corporate job to become a photographer
- #7 Jenny Johnston: How to use social media for your business
- #6 Jess Morgan: On family photography and work life balance
- #5 Andrea Whelan: On lifestyle photography.....and squirrels!
- #4 Melissa Love: How to make your website stand out in a crowd
- #3 Emily Hodge: How to deal with overwhelm and comparison
- #2 Sarah Evans: On evolving your family photography business
- #1: Intro Episode - Welcome to Shoot Edit Chat Repeat
- My weekly dose of motivation!March 15, 2019 by Tamara Wijesekara Photography from United Kingdom
These podcasts are so informative and inspiring! Every episode is packed with great advice and handy tips but what I love the most is just hearing the stories of other like-minded photographers. As someone who has recently taken the decision to go part-time and start financially relying on my photography, these stories really give me confidence and belief that I can do it. It's so easy to be full of doubt in the early stages of setting up a business and hearing that others have had these same doubts and have overcome them is so reassuring and confidence-boosting. Eddie and Vicki, you guys are the absolute best! THANK YOU!
- A dose of weekly inspirationMarch 13, 2019 by Moira Vg from United Kingdom
It must be Wednesday as I’ve just listened to another episode of shoot edit chat repeat. So packed with useful photography tips it’s totally necessary to have a notepad on standby throughout to capture ideas (add latte/wine/gin as appropriate). Reassuring to hear others who have posed same questions/experienced same issues in their business journey too. Am a bit late to the party with my review but a heartfelt thank you to Eddie and Vicki for creating a series of informative and fun podcasts!
- Friendly, informative & inspiringMarch 12, 2019 by franklynandkid from United Kingdom
I’ve been meaning to leave a review for months now, but only just figured out how! Being new to the photography game, finding these two lovely ladies and the community they bring with them has been so informative and friendly, it’s really pushed me to be more confident in my new venture. My favourite episode has to be the one to date, with Elizabeth!!! What a lovely honest, kind hearted lady! I love listening, Eddie & Vicki ask fantastic questions to all guests, which in turn leads to interesting and informative answers! Keep up the great work girls. Look forward to the next! Kelcie
- Inspirational, Motivational, Funny and InformativeMarch 6, 2019 by LucyDavis from United Kingdom
This is my abbsolute favourite thing to listen to now whilst editing! I love the company of Vicki and Eddie whilst I'm working, they always cheer me up no end. I love the range of guests they chat to and it's great to hear other people with the same issues we all come up against from time to time. Every episode I pick up at least great tip or reccomendation. Thank you guys, I can't wait for the nest episode!! 🙂
- Love this podcast!March 1, 2019 by jendls06 from United States
Vicky and Eddie I love listening to you both. Love both of your personalities. You guys are what makes this podcast interesting. So much good advice. Keep it up!
- Funny and yet brilliantly covers stuff you need to knowMarch 1, 2019 by Kirstyl2 from United Kingdom
These 2 are lovely, funny, and smart as they share and talk to other photography industry experts - they get to the nitty gritty of what you need to know with British humour which is so refreshing - even if you've been in the business for a long time it's always fabulous to hear different perspectives - I love it!
- Inspiring!February 28, 2019 by kanga23 from United Kingdom
Im a new listener and I love this podcast so much! So helpful and inspiring. Thank you for introducing me to Chloe Ramirez I love her work and she spoke so much sense. Also, just listened to the Kate Griffin podcast ? brilliant! I was laughing along the whole way, safe to say I had a few funny looks on my train.
- Fun & informativeFebruary 28, 2019 by SuePhoto from United Kingdom
Only just discovered this podcast, and loving the honesty and realness. Was feeling jaded today, and listening to your talk about your trip to LA, just brighten my day.
- Inspiring, motivating & down to earth ?❤️February 27, 2019 by Kirkywoo from United Kingdom
I’m so glad I found this podcast, it’s exactly what I was looking for! I only discovered it last week so I’m working through all the back log of podcasts as I’m sat editing & loving them all. I love Eddie & Vicki’s casual chatty style, they’re both really down to earth and make it easy to digest all the info. Really inspirational & motivational interviews with all the guests. I’ve scribbled lots of ideas & tips down in my notebook whilst listening! Thank you ? Kirsty
- Brilliantly helpful and great funFebruary 27, 2019 by Siobhan Murphy Photography from United Kingdom
I love this podcast - the range of guests and their different specialities has been really excellent and I there is a wealth of information for both new photographers and old hands in the industry. The natural format and fun style make it joy to listen to. I do know both Eddie and Vicki but I think even if you didn’t you’d feel like you were in the room with a couple of your good mates. Keep up the fabulous work Ladies - it’s a real joy to tune in.
- Entertaining & InspirationalFebruary 27, 2019 by David Weightman from United Kingdom
Always a joy to listen to and pick up lots of tips and transferable skills. Whether you're a wedding photographer like myself, or a family and newborn, or corpotate photographer, this pobcast is bound to give your creativity and marketing ideas a boost!
- Fun, friendly and full of helpful info!February 27, 2019 by MrsEazy from United Kingdom
Really enjoy listening to the podcast. It feels like a fun chat with friends which never fails to draw me in. Great interviews with lots of good info and advice whatever stage you are in your photography business ?
- I look forward to every Wednesday 🙂February 26, 2019 by Lindsey at LNZPHOTO from United Kingdom
Love this podcast and look forward to it coming out every Wednesday! Vicki and Eddie are amazing, and always have you laughing AND learning. I love the personal element of Repeat Recs and the information shared is so valuable. I went to their live recording too which was amazing! Thank you Vicki & Eddie!
- Such wonderful AdviseJanuary 29, 2019 by AussieBree from United States
Vicky and Eddie make it feel like I am having coffee or a wine with friends and talking about our businesses. So useful and helpful.
- Highly recommended!January 23, 2019 by Ade Kehinde, KEHINDE IMAGES from United Kingdom
I love love love these podcasts! Very open, informative - and hilariously down-to-earth!
- An absolute must for all people photographersJanuary 21, 2019 by Felicity Lass Photography from United Kingdom
Discovering this podcast has been a real game changer to my photography business. So many incredible tips delivered by a whole range of talented and inspirational guests all delivered with warmth and humour. Vicki and Eddie bring a big smile to my face every week and listening to their banter is like sitting in a room with old friends. Keep up the great work!
- addictive and re listenable!January 21, 2019 by and then she clicked from United Kingdom
I often find myself re listening to this podcast! It's so friendly, insightful and real! I'd definitely recommend a binge listen and then following them regularly.
- Entertaining & educational & funDecember 19, 2018 by LaurenceOfArabia from United Kingdom
These UK photographers have a lot of fun, interview other top photographers, and present it all in a hugely entertaining way. And you learn a lot of useful stuff along the way. Definitely recommended.
- Binge-worthyDecember 4, 2018 by Physphys from United Kingdom
I discovered Shoot Edit Chat Repeat a few weeks ago in the desire to find a find a phtography podcast to inspire me in my new outsource editing business. Finding a UK based one was a big plus, to find one with presenters and guests that click (excuse the pun) together so well was a double bonus. I listened to the first one and knew that I would be binging on the rest to catch up. However, I'm distraught on reaching the most recent one to discover that I will have to wait until 2019 for a fresh fix.
- A podcast for every small business owner!November 30, 2018 by Sugar Plum Bakes from United Kingdom
I have a wedding cake business and I absolutely love listening to this podcast. It's full of useful tips for small business owners so it's not just for photographers! I quite like the techy stuff too as I'm a keen photographer but I find so much of what Vicki & Eddie talk about with their guests relevant to my own work. And they make me laugh all the time - it's like having friends over and having a good old natter. Can't wait for the next season - keep up the great work you guys! Xx
- Ten years in practice and I've learnt - and re-learnt - so muchNovember 27, 2018 by misterphill from United Kingdom
I've been ten years in practice as a wedding photographer and only recently came across Shoot Edit Chat Repeat when a friend was interviewed by Vickie and Eddie. Having listened to that one episode I've been hooked ever since and am working my way through the rest of the collection. Vickie and Eddie have a fantastically engaging manner about them and ask brilliant questions. I've learnt so much from listening to their podcasts, and re-learnt a few things that I already knew to be good practice but have perhaps slipped by the wayside over the past decade. I would say that this series would prove useful whatever branch of photography you're engaged in, and beyond photography as well.
- If you're in the photography business, this is a must-listen-to!November 24, 2018 by JoJoCooperFlooper from United Kingdom
Let’s take our hats off, hell let’s take everything off (well, maybe not), for Vicky and Eddie who have brought a bright and shiny sense of community to us bunch of largely introverted creatives. With giggles, banter and heartfelt honesty they are encouraging us out of our dark little shells and into the sunlight one podcast at a time, safe in the knowledge that we are all facing the same mountains at one time or another. Thank you ladies, you’re doing a great thing.
- Insightful but easy listeningNovember 14, 2018 by Therealksp from United Kingdom
I’ve had this series in my library for ages and not listened. Then today I saw an episode called ‘quitting your photography business’ and I had to listen! Not because I’m quitting but because we all need added motivation sometimes and that’s exactly what I got!! The hosts are friendly, down to earth peeps who can imagine bumping into on the school run and Julie Christie who was today’s interviewee had so much advice to give, not just about photography but the life of a creative entrepreneur. Great listen and I’ll definitely now be catching up on all the episodes I’ve missed.
- Hurrah-delighted to have found you!November 4, 2018 by Eye_Hart from United Kingdom
Really easy listening with great quality content-keep it up ladies!
- Binge-worthy listening!October 25, 2018 by Nisha Haq from United Kingdom
Only found out about this a few days ago and I'm obsessed! I've been listening to quite a few podcast series and wasn't sure what to expect as I initially thought it might be too focused on family photography. I'm so happy to find that this podcast focuses on people photography, the behind-the-scenes of being a working photographer & creative business owner, having an entrepreneur mindset, having a female targeted audience, it's hosted by 2 awesome females with a fab dynamic between the two, loads of great inteviewees on different subjects, you just feel a part of the conversation. Fantastic job guys! Highly recommended this a listen folks!
- Perfect listening while editing...October 14, 2018 by Madmalteaser from United Kingdom
Love love love this podcast!
- A must for any female photographerSeptember 26, 2018 by CapturedbyRoxy from United Kingdom
Wow. I am so grateful to have found this podcast! Such a helpful range of topics, great advice...too much advice as I now have HUGE 'to do' lists!! Exceptional banter by two ladies who are so easy to listen too as they are very engaging. Can't wait for the meet up!
- Adore this podcastsSeptember 26, 2018 by GinaFernandes from United Kingdom
This podcast series is the first set of podcasts I have ever listened to. I’ve listened from the very start and can’t even remember how I found it?! I love them. So helpful and down to earth. Thanks for answering my question in episode 27 - yes you said my name right ? Got my ticket for Jan and look forward to meeting you both!! G xx
- ?September 24, 2018 by Catscrap from United Kingdom
Informative, engaging, lighthearted and sprinkled with laughter. Making me feel a lot less crazy and better prepared to build a business I love, thank you!
- Fantastic!September 22, 2018 by Alexa KM from United Kingdom
I'm really enjoying these podcasts - it's so lovely to have such fun company while editing or dog walking!
- MarvellousSeptember 11, 2018 by Ginger nut with a camera from United Kingdom
Absolutely love listening to you both makes my editing much more enjoyable!
- Love love love!June 20, 2018 by Jane Allan Photo from United Kingdom
I've been meaning to leave a review for so long. I tune in when I'm in my car or deep in editing mode, so it's taken a while. I thoroughly enjoy listening to your podcast - the relaxed chattiness is my favourite part. My next fave is your wide variety of high quality guests chatting about their zones of genius, with wonderfully random stuff thrown in. It's great not to feel alone in the frustrations of running a photography business, and I've picked up useful information with every episode. The only downside is that I always feel that I should have a glass of wine nearby, which would make for shocking editing. You're great company, thank you!
- Lifesavers!June 19, 2018 by PGwizz from United Kingdom
I’ve learnt so much from these two lovely ladies! And I’ve had a giggle along with them too. Entertains me on the lonely days editing at my desk!!
- Love It!May 24, 2018 by PennyCa from South Africa
Such a great podcast to listen to, especially when you are editing and need something funny and easy to listen to. Keep up the good work ladies.
- ⭐️?⭐️??May 21, 2018 by Coconutty20s from United Kingdom
My absolute favorite podcast and I am dreading the day I will run out of episodes to listen to. I am a family photographer, so getting a lot of business, creativity, networking know-how and also a couple of new ideas for new projects (because I have all the spare time ?) among the way! Keep up the amazing work, ladies! x
- No more lonely hours at my desk!May 17, 2018 by GemmaGriffithsPhotography from United Kingdom
Thanks ladies! I've never listened to a podcast before and I've really enjoyed listening to all your interviews. I've been a family photographer for 12 years and don't really know many other photographers, so it's wonderful to have found a community online that knows exactly what it's like. Loads of inspiration from everyone too. Thanks! Gem x
- Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!April 30, 2018 by sarainthecity from United Kingdom
Have been meaning to leave a review since I discovered these fab podcasts to say THANK YOU Vicki and Eddie, I've loved every single one! It's so nice to have something informative, fun and useful to listen to while I'm editing. Previously us photographers haven't really had anything like this to listen to and it's so great having something which tackles so many of the topics we all deal with in our business, in a relaxed, fun discussion. LOVING your work ladies, keep 'em coming! 🙂
- Fantastic!April 16, 2018 by auamj from United States
I love this podcast! The topics are perfect and the hosts present the information so well!
- Fantastic!April 15, 2018 by Melody6428853 from United Kingdom
Inspiring guests and lots of useful tips.
- Love this!April 6, 2018 by Joanna Grim from United Kingdom
Vicki did a baby photo shoot for us 8 years ago when we lived in South West London (don’t know if you remember me Vicki?!) and I came across this podcast this morning. It is really inspiring and your energy is amazing! Looking forward to hearing more x
- FantasticApril 1, 2018 by Jenscubalondongirl from United Kingdom
Thank you Vicki and Eddie for such an inspirational podcast. As a relatively new photographer trying to find my way into the professional world this is a fantastic resource, as well as interesting and funny. I love the range of interviewees and that questions are asked that really help newbies, such as which lenses people use and why. I’m really looking forward to the next series!
- Loving this podcast!!!March 29, 2018 by CTmomLC from United States
Vicky & Eddie are entertaining and incredibly open and generous with their knowledge of business and photography. I'm absolutely loving this podcast and recommend for anyone interested in the business of family & portrait photography. Thank you for creating such a fun and helpful show!
- Thank you ladiesFebruary 24, 2018 by Nickylisa from United Kingdom
I am absolutely loving these podcasts! Never listened to podcasts religiously before but love these. You and your guests have helped me so much and kept me company in a weird way x
- Great info with fun personalityFebruary 23, 2018 by April Dautlich from United States
Great podcast worth subscribing to! These ladies are fun to listen to and have valuable discussions in a lighthearted & enjoyable manner. A must-listen-to for any portrait photographer!
- So good!February 9, 2018 by Becslondon from United Kingdom
Such an interesting podcast and every episode has been spot on with the information shared. It’s like sitting down for a coffee with your fellow photographers.
- A Must Listen for EVERY UK Lifestyle Photographer!?February 8, 2018 by Rakkibeth from United Kingdom
These podcasts are absolutely amazing for Professional Photographers and those thinking about turning pro... the people that Vicki and Eddie interview and the topics that they discuss are totally what we in the industry want to hear about, and finally it feels like we have supportive colleagues in a typically isolating job, as running a photography business is not just about taking photos. Lots of ‘Oh my gosh that’s EXACTLY how I feel!’ moments. Much love for these ladies, long may your wonderful podcasts continue x
- Fascinating & inspiringFebruary 1, 2018 by CharliePalazzo from United Kingdom
It’s really lovely listening to your chats and sharing your thoughts and advice and concerns. I’m finding it really refreshing and inspiring and they are keeping me company on lonely days editing! Thank you and I look forward to listening to lots more x
- AwesomeJanuary 30, 2018 by Marypoppins1976 from United Kingdom
Engaging, thought provoking, fun and informative. Will definitely listen again.
- Absolute Bloody Brilliant!January 30, 2018 by Cola.bottle from United Kingdom
This is absolutely brilliant! Amazing resource for new photographers such as myself not to mention a right giggle! I’ll be listening every week for sure! You guys are fantastic!! Thank you ??✨
- A really enjoyable listenJanuary 26, 2018 by Mes197 from United Kingdom
I’ve listened to a few of these episodes now, and they’re interesting, informative, and also fun to listen to - it’s always nice when the presenters and guests sound like they’re having a good time!
- InspirationalJanuary 24, 2018 by Sjc1919 from United Kingdom
Just listened to the podcast with Melissa, I now also have a list of things to do. Great podcast, I will now go through the other ones 😀
- Love thisJanuary 18, 2018 by Jethwa01 from United Kingdom
Really fun and informative podcast - look forward to hearing more.
- Love the banter!January 15, 2018 by Kellypiet from United Kingdom
Enjoyed this pilot episode. A great sense of fun between these two passionate mama photographers!
- FantasticJanuary 12, 2018 by KarlKnights from United Kingdom
Can’t wait to hear more!
- Looking forward to ep2 already!January 11, 2018 by Ema Laasya from United Kingdom
Thanks ladies, great banter! I’m looking forward to episode 2 already... congratulations on the new project! 🙂
- Can’t wait for the next episode!January 10, 2018 by Listyinthecity from United Kingdom
A great dynamic between Vicki and Eddie, I can’t wait to listen to each episode and feel like I’m back having office banter again 🙂
- FabulousJanuary 10, 2018 by Toomanyjobstodo from United Kingdom
Really excited about this new podcast, it promises to be insightful & fun. I can’t wait for the next one!
Want to chat about working together?
We're always on the look out for inspiring new guests, ideas and sponsors. Fill out the contact form and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.
Vicki & Eddie