#61 Richard Leng: The truth about pricing
Welcome to episode 61 of Shoot Edit Chat Repeat, the podcast for people photographers & creative entrepreneurs. Hosted by two leading UK portrait photographers, Vicki Knights & Eddie Judd.
In our Backchat feature we are answering a question all about how to manage the dreaded question ‘could you pop along with your camera and take a few photos’. We give our tips on how to deal with requests from people you know to shoot for free.
This week we have a fascinating chat with UK wedding videographer, Richard Leng, all about pricing.
Here are some of the topics we talk through….
- Richard’s advice to a brand new photographer/videographer on how they go about pricing their services
– His advice to those people who are finding it difficult to put their prices up as they don’t feel like they can charge that much
– Whether it’s important for creatives to keep an eye on what other local competitors are charging
– Tips on managing finances and how much of your revenue you should be putting away for tax, profit, running costs and how much you should take as salary (it’s not as much as you think!)
– The psychology of pricing and how your communication with clients can affect the way they view your prices
Thank you to Folio Albums for sponsoring this episode. Use the code ‘shootedit’ to get 40% off a studio sample album.
Thank you to The Marketing Fix for their support of this episode. Get on top of your marketing by signing up for 1 free month by using the code ‘SHOOTEDIT’.
Thank you to Shootproof online galleries for sponsoring Repeat Recs for this series. Get 25% off your first 12 months subscription by using the code SHOOTEDITCHATREPEAT.
Repeat Recs for this week
Vicki – Togs in Business pricing freebie
Eddie – Profit First book by Michael Michalowicz
We’d love to know what you think of this episode. Please leave us a review if you’ve enjoyed it, it helps other people to find the podcast.
Eddie Judd’s Lightroom presets & workshops
Vicki Knights’ 2020 Delight Retreat for people photographers
Our lovely sponsors.
These kind sponsors make it possible for the podcast to continue to grow. We love our sponsors for that, but more importantly, we love what they do. We only work with sponsors whose products we know, use and love.