Welcome to Series 6 of Shoot Edit Chat Repeat, the podcast for people photographers. Hosted by two leading UK portrait photographers, Vicki Knights & Eddie Judd.
This week we are chatting with US-based child and family photographer & educator, Sandra Coan.
Sandra has run her successful studio business for nearly 20 years, has taught on huge platforms such as Creative Live, and has done keynote talks at international conferences.
Sandra has such a clear, distinct style, and we wanted to get her advice about how photographers can find their style and stick to it.
We talk about the following:
– Why Sandra decided to shoot with film and artificial lights
– How following what other photographers were doing at the start of her business didn’t work for her
– Advice to photographers who are struggling to find their own style
– How Sandra attracts new clients and photographs around 300 families a year (without burning out)
– How the photography industry has changed and predictions for the future
Sandra was a fantastic guest and we know you’re going to get so much from this chat.
Thank you to Folio Albums for sponsoring this episode. Use the code ‘shootedit’ to get 40% off a studio sample album.
Thank you to Shootproof online galleries for sponsoring Repeat Recs for this series. Get 25% off your first 12 months subscription by using the code SHOOTEDITCHATREPEAT.
Vicki’s Repeat Rec was the free video series by the Photography Farm on switching to Sony. You can watch it here.
And while you’re there, book your tickets to our talk at the Farmers Market in Brighton, on 16th Oct, 2020 all about personal branding.
Eddie Repeat Rec is the Power book by Naomi Alderman
And don’t forget to book your place at our exciting event on 18th Jan 2020. All of the details here.
We’d love to know what you think of this episode: