#17 Fiona Humberstone: Creating a compelling brand
This week we are chatting to The Brand Stylist, Fiona Humberstone.
Fiona is a renowned author, speaker, trainer and blogger who has been helping business owners create compelling brands for nearly 20 years.
In our chat we talk about:
- Why it’s important for photographers to have a strong brand
- How much visual identity plays in your brand
- Should you hire a designer or is it ok to design your own logo
- What colour psychology is and how it can influence your branding decisions
- How to know what seasons your photography and brand fall into
- Whether your personality influence your brand
- How to market yourself without the hard sell
- Why you should charge properly for your services
- Whether blogging is still important for photographers
As you can see we cover a LOT of ground!
Thank you to The Design Space for sponsoring this episode. Once you’ve created a compelling brand, you’re going to need a gorgeous new website to show it off. So click here for lots of free information and to get 20% off all of their website templates and courses.
Fiona offers some truly insightful tips for creating a compelling brand for creative entrepreneurs and we hope you get a lot from this episode.
Fiona’s online courses – use the code ‘shooteditchat’ to get £25 each course.
The Brand Stylist on Instagram
Fiona’s blog post on how to market yourself without the hard sell
Our new Shoot Edit Chat Repeat website (created by The Design Space)
Come chat to us on Instagram & Facebook
Our lovely sponsors.
These kind sponsors make it possible for the podcast to continue to grow. We love our sponsors for that, but more importantly, we love what they do. We only work with sponsors whose products we know, use and love.